Djoran Chronicles of the Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making plans for Spring Solace Festival

3 posters

Go down

Making plans for Spring Solace Festival Empty Making plans for Spring Solace Festival

Post by Kari Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:16 pm

(Occ: This happens separate from the main Arc. Everyone feel free to jump in.)

Lansea watched the kids gathered the were all giggling and laughing as they wrote there names on scrapes of paper to place in a magic box. A separate one held the names of the parts for the play. And other roles. Millia had sent a missive out inviting everyone who wanted to participate. The orphaned kids wanted to put on a play. Lansea chose a skit that would be easy for them to remember. Others were setting up areas for boths

Millia was speaking with a few artists who wished to sell there wares. And where they might want to set up. Millia planned on singing herself and she hoped Sally and her band mates joined in too...

Kari
Admin

https://djorandarkempirerpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Making plans for Spring Solace Festival Empty Re: Making plans for Spring Solace Festival

Post by Acerbus Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:06 am

Panro had finished with work out and when he spoke to Sandy she mentioned she was going to stay with Fang for a little bit, seemed like he was a little depressed with something and she wanted to help. He offered as well but seemed they were headed off some where else. So this left the Panther up to his own devices for now. He looked up hearing some laughs and giggles and moved to get out of the way of a few rushing children. "Huh, what is this all about?" He asked and moved to follow them.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Making plans for Spring Solace Festival Empty Re: Making plans for Spring Solace Festival

Post by XenPendragon Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:50 am

Sally was sitting with her band mates from the Horizon Orchestra, as well as Weiss who she brought not just to introduce her fiancé to her friends, but also get the half-dragon to have a little fun. She told Anos about the festivities to see if Plum would be interested, but that would be up to them. As for now, Sally and the band were talking about possible songs as well as performing a duet with Millie, since Sally always looked for more talent to work alongside.

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:31 pm

One of the kids giggled and looked at Panro. "We're going to put on a play for the Spring Solace. " the girl said smiling. She pointed to where they were going.

Millie smiled as she finished up with on vendor and glanced over at Sally and the others. Weiss was a very new face in the castle. And yet old too as she learned that many of her older siblings knew the half dragon.

Weiss was nervous to say the least. Soo many people her wings were close to her back which was perhaps the only cue...that and the polite distance in the way she spoke around people she didn't know.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:12 pm

Ya know, your girl doesn't seem to be to comfortable, Sal," One of the band's vocals, who often sang harmony with Sally, noted.

"This... is new for her..." Sally replied, not wanting to put Weiss' story out there without permission.

"Ahh, say no more, Sal. We all have our baggage to deal with," the singer said before she turned to Weiss, smiling. "Just know you're among friends- anyone Sal brings to this group is more than welcome here."

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:37 am

Panro watched the kids, "A play for Spring Solace?" He asked himself as curiosity got him and he turned to follow the kids to where they had pointed and rushed off to. Come closer to the hall he looked around and smiled, "Ah...a festival." He noted, his family been nomadic they had seen and been to several when he was young. But, once he started training and join the MLP army he didn't get a chance to. "Oh man, need to bring Sandy here." He added walking a little around.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:30 pm

Weiss looked over and smiled nodding. "Thank you." She said softly. She looked over at the children and adults at so many people. She looked at Sally after a moment and sighed softly. "There’s so much positive energy here...it's like..everyone's spirits are dancing."

Millia finished up. Little Ri was with a sitter. She made her way over to Sally and Weiss. It looked like Sally wanted to ask her something. It be a minute or two until she got there.

Landsea looked at Panro nodding as he mentioned bringing Sandy there. Then looked over as fighting broke out between two boys who fell silent when a large but gentle hand landed on there heads.

Nixnoctis had some free time. Tilly was back to work. Silvi was busy and as far as he knew Sara was with Nessa and little Miki and Rem. So when the two boys started bickering he had wandered in and stopped it.

"Now, you two...no need for senseless bickering."

"Its not senseless. Bobby was saying that I drew the role if a fake hero. That Nyx wasn't a true hero. That he was a coward who claimed glory that wasn't his!"

"It is true. My great grandfather was the Hero Timberkake. He was a great champion...and he'd tell us before he died of all that he did and that coward took credit for!"

"Lair! Nyx would never say he did something he didn't like "

Nyx sighed and separated the two once again...it was funny in a way...the argument was about him!

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:13 pm

Panro was thinking of something else when his head turned to the fighting boys and the person breaking it up. He blinked a few times trying to think. He wasn't the best paying attention to his Aunt and Uncle when they would teach him about history but the name Nyx rang a bell. He then looked up at Nixnoctis and then to the boys arguing like he wasn't even there.

"Ah...huh?" He was almost confused. He shook his head. "Lair and coward are pretty big accusations to throw around." He said to the kids.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:50 pm

"Oh, trust me, I feel all of it," Sally said to Weiss with a smile, "It's the main reason I agreed to lend my talents here- the further we can spread this joy, the better!" She paused as she noticed whispers from the band, some of them trying to make themselves slight more presentable as one of their Lady Alphas came near. "The other reason is to continue to push the talents of others in this castle. I was lucky that my agent was able to push my talents so I can be of some use, but there are so many others with such amazing skills, and I want to lift up as many of them as I can."

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:41 pm

The boys looked between Nyx and Panro bowing there heads. "We're sorry." They said in Unison. "A bit of advice. A hero doesn't do things for praise. They ask for nothing in return. They help because it's the right thing to do." The boys nodded and Landsea motioned for them to join the other kids.

"Thank you. Both of you." She said to Panro and Nyx. "Its easy for the kids to loose there way."

"It was no trouble." Nyx said shaking his head. He had no intention of telling the kids or others he was a 'hero' too troublesome. "Nice to meet you both. I'm Nyx." He said in greeting.

"Landsea." She said nodding.

Weiss nodded and looked at the others moving about before looking to Sally. "Its all so amazing..." She said looking at the stalls being put together. "I'm looking forward to hearing you sing." Weiss could sing as well but she was more familiar with divine hymns.

Millia drew closer as the group fussed. As much as she'd say it wasn't needed They would counter. "Thank you all for coming."

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:27 pm

"Panro." The panther added and looking over. "And some praise isn't so bad." He added having worked with Fang for so long many of his missions were undercover and didn't get any praise for anything. So he wouldn't mind a thank you from time to time.

"Have to say though the kids seemed very heated. Is there a story behind that?" He asked.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:48 pm

"And thank you for the invitation, Lady Millie! I'm so excited to be a part of this!" Sally said to Millie, taking her hands. "So I was wondering, Lady Millie, if you would mind singing a song or two with us? I heard your voice is amazing- Oh! I have invited another Lycan as well!"

Just then, Chorus walked in, looking a little nervous. "This... looks like the place..."

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Nyx smiled at Panro. "True a little now and then doesn't hurt." He said as Landsea sighed ex using herself but Nyx had an idea of why....especially with that name. Landsea had apologized stating she'd be right back to try to explain in a moment.

"Rrole revesal in history I'm afraid." Nyx said putting his hands in his pockets a habit of his to hide his discomfort with talking about the past. Not because he did anything wrong but because of situations like those boys. "Back then 'Hero's ' were being born those who had the crest of a Hero. A calling given to them from the Ancients. Raiser was destroying floating Isles and erasing complete races at the time. Nyxnoctis Incandessa was born with the mark of the Hero of Time...and all that blessing bestowed with it." Nyx spoke about himself as if he was talking about someone else. "Arnaldi Timberkake wasn't born with a calling like many during that time a ritual was done to bestow upon a him the mark of his calling and it was a lesser mark of Hero. Arnaldi would follow anyone born with a Hero's crest then run up after the foe was defeated fallen to the ground and pierce the fallen with his sword claiming the killing blow. He always looked as if he fought hordes of enemies whilst hiding behind boulders....perhaps it was the Incandessa's fault for never putting a stop to it....but Arnaldi would sit around the campfire boasting  his great accomplishments how many enemies he had slain. While the cowardly Hero of Time hide behind rocks crying like a baby....the woman ate it up."

Nyx shook his head. "The Hero of Time ignored it all....he was more concerned with taking care of his little sister outside of the battle field then getting endless praise and girls hanging on him. The one calling Incamdessa a fake hero is Arnaldi's grandson....and the child who drew the hero of Time...is likely the grandson of someone the Hero of time saved. " Nyx said shrugging and glanced at Panro. He was honestly talking about it like he was merely someone who knew his history really well and not the Hero of Time himself. "I suppose it never mattered to the Hero of Time how history saw him...he didn't choose to be a Hero he was chosen for it. It was his duty to fight for the world. He just wanted to be a good big brother and role model for his little sister...." Nyx looked at Panro. "They were orphaned...The Hero of Time and his baby sister. He was 21 when she was born....being dragons that wasn't so unusual but there parents died when four years after his baby sister's birth. So for him taking  care of her, seeing her happy smiles when he came back from driving off some new attack on Raiser's part was the best reward he could ask for. It was priceless...despite his calling he'd tell anyone who asked...a world where she'd know nothing but happiness and smiles was the reason he fought....he didn't care about the fanfare... it now...there are two versions of Incandessa's story out there depending on where you go....one paints him as a fallen hero...the other a coward posing as a hero..."

Millia smiled as she took Sally's hands into her own. "I'd be happy to Sally, and please we're family. You can call me Millie or however is easier for you. " Millia blushed a bit..."Did my brother tell you?" She said softly..."i... used to wake them up singing in the gardens when I couldn't sleep. And it's no trouble." She said about her inviting another as well. "Will Weiss be joining the performance as well?"

Weiss blinked and blushed a bit. "Huh me?? This is something special to Sally I wouldn't want to intrude..." she said then glanced in Chorus's direction...an out of the conversation about her singing..."is that her? The Lycan you were waiting for?"

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:15 pm

Panro blinked as he listened to the story, his head titled a few times as he was confused. Nxy was talking almost like in third person. He stayed quiet though and let him finish. "Heck of a history there." He noted placing a hand into his pocket and then leaning a little to one side. "They say that history can change the longer it goes on. But, the truth will always come out. Hopefully for the Hero of Time that is true."

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:39 am

"Intrude? What do you mean? You know very well I want you in every aspect of my life, Weiss, and that includes my songs!" Sally said with a smile to her fiancé before turning to see Chorus. "Miss Chorus! Over here! Over here!"

:"Not used to being called 'Miss'..." Chorus said, still a little uneasy. "Uh, are you sure you want me as a part of this? I mean, I'm not exactly the most innocent soul out there..."

"There are plenty in this castle who say the same thing. I don't care about what you used to do, Miss Chorus,  all I know is I felt every ounce of love you had through your song- even though I didn't understand the language you were singing in."

"I mean- I was just singing because of how happy my boyfriend makes me-"

"Exactly! What I want is to share these feelings of hope and happiness to those who need it. This world is very dark right now. Every since my Father awakened me to my power, I feel more and more uneasiness and fear- anger and uncertainty.  I'm no great political leader or fighter- I to this day feel unworthy to be called a princess- I'm just a slave girl who has been blessed to know and love amazing people, and I want to do everything I can to do right by them. Right now, I can sing with every ounce of love I have, just to make someone's day just a little better..." She paused, blushing as she realized she was going into a speech. "I-I'm sorry, this just became a speech huh?"

"I mean, you're a princess, Sal. You're entitled to the occasional speech," Sally's backup singer said with a smile and a wink.

"...Not to blather on about things people already know, though..." Sally retorted, blushing more.

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Nyx glanced at the direction that Landsea had gone as Panro spoke he looked back at him and had to hide a knowing smile. It was in the others eyes. His attempt to deflect the title of Hero of Time away had utterly failed but the other went along with it anyways. "Perhaps....but personally it's not something I'd worry about for myself, but rather for those affected like those kids..." Nyx answered tipping his head as he regarded Panro..."If...I was the Hero of Time that is..." he finished after a moment. His way of admitting to Panro without outright saying that by his look he had caught Nyx deflecting.

Weiss blushed a bit nodding, "For you, I'll sing." She answered Sally then shook her head. "Sally it's not bad...what you said even if individually we know it, it's still reassuring to hear others feel the same." She said softly.

Millia looked at Chorus. "None of that now....it dosen't matter where you came from but what your doing now. La'Shire is a place where people can find a new path, a brighter one. No one should hold your past against you. You made choices based on what was before you. And you've found a path here, one in the light with us and happiness. My father was once known as the Dark Warlord in history, but he chose a different path and forged it here. So can you Chorus, if anyone treats you unfairly or cruelly please let me know right away. Don't ever think you deserve such treatment you don't. The Ancients teach us to forgive and accept anyone who has found there way."

Weiss nodded. "She's right." She said softly. "Your place is with us now. You're welcome here."

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum