Djoran Chronicles of the Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcment of semi-retirment

4 posters

Go down

Announcment of semi-retirment Empty Announcment of semi-retirment

Post by T.Knight Mon May 22, 2023 2:21 pm

I've been sitting on this for probably over a year now, hoping dearly that things would change. However guess I can't keep denying the truth to myself and its better to let you all know whats up.

I am struggling to retain interest in this particular rp and world setting for the game and fear I am going to have to take a step back for the time being. Perhaps my interest will rekindle at some point but sadly not now.

Now I must affirm that its nothing player related, you're all like family to me since I've started rping with you folks back when I was in my mid/late teens and now in my early 40's you folks are an important part of my life.

As my vision declines due to inherited disease its harder and harder to read extended posts and for some time now have just skimmed over everything looking for specific character names to find what I need to respond to, which has had the unfortunate side effect of I have very little idea of what is going on in the game outside of the few characters I interact with as there is just too much for me to follow both in plot lines and sheer quantity of characters.

Now with that unfortunate business off my chest I will still be around, checking the board and speaking up in OOC threads because I do want to stick around and interact with folks here I just can't find it in me to continue posting much or if at all in the RP threads as things stand now.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Announcment of semi-retirment Empty Re: Announcment of semi-retirment

Post by T.Knight Mon May 22, 2023 2:24 pm

Also to add on. If anyone here uses Discord at all lemme know so I can add you as a friend to keep in contact through messages there as I'm on most of the time. I'll drop my discord handle here should people wish to add it.

Sloth Elemental#6150

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon May 22, 2023 9:04 pm

Man, I am sorry to hear this, but I understand. I always felt bad because I was always trying to figure out how to get our characters to interact again and never found a good way. I sorry about that.

But, good to know you will still be around in some way.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Mon May 22, 2023 10:44 pm

I understand and I'm glad you'll still be here to interact with. It has been a long time. I don’t currently have discord. I may get it in the near future. Please feel free to drop comments and talk on the Occ boards. That's what they're here for. You'll always be welcome here among us Terry regardless of posting or not. That goes for all of you.

This started so very long ago now and has grown so much. I'm grateful to all of you. And I agree with Terry all of you feel like family.

Kari
Admin

https://djorandarkempirerpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 am

Acerbus: please don't worry about that, part of that was on me as well so I shoulder some of that proverbial blame to for not really making an effort to go out and try to interact with other characters.

Kari:I really do appreciate the understanding, it was really hard to actually write up and send out that post and as I say I do have every intention of sticking around and chatting in OOC and whatnot.

I'm not quite sure what to do with my characters currently, primary Dkhoran. Koran I feel is fairly easily to put in the background overall compared to Drak who seems to have is fingers in a number of pies currently lol.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Tue May 23, 2023 3:01 pm

I'll try to think of a few options for Drak, as well as talk to Shiloh see if she has any ideas as well. I do want to make this clear though. Your semi retirement does not in any means end with the end of your characters. I've never agreed with that on other sites like ours. Real life has its ups and downs. It's own complications.

Even if Drak and Koran need to take a more supportive role in the back ground for the moment. Should there come a point where you want to try posting again for a while that door will always be open to you. I'm not real good at posting summaries but either Shiloh or I can catch you up.

Before we go forward with any idea for Drak and Koran though I'll let you know. As your characters you still have a say in what we have them do from here.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Tue May 23, 2023 4:18 pm

I appriciate that, I'd be happy if they could both fall back into a more supporting role in the background for the time being, and for what its worth I can be available to post if a character is absolutely needed for a situation down the line or if something really does tickle my fancy I might ask to drop a post in if I feel it really adds something.

Either way I'm open to thoughts and suggestions to help make this as easy as possible so I'll be around and staying in touch of course.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Tue May 23, 2023 6:51 pm

Of course no problem. I'll talk to Shiloh between her and I we should be able to shift them smoothly into a more supportive role. I'll let you know what we figure out. And if something tickles your fancy enough to post let me know.

We'll make it work Terry. I can't say it enough your always welcome here.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Wed May 24, 2023 2:38 pm

I've always liked your characters and style, but it makes sense, life is life after all and Lord knows when it wants your attention, it'll get it. Although our characters never interacted much know that you'll be missed on the threads.

Also if you do wanna talk on Discord, you can find me at XenPendragon #8446. That goes for everyone here. Take care m'dude ^^

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:07 pm

Appreciate the words of kindness folks Smile I'll absolutely be popping my head in daily so don't worry bout me dropping off the face of the earth.

I wish it was life getting in the way of me wanting to play but its just..a shift in preferences over time more than anything ^_^''

Turns out as time passes I've grown more to wanting to play in games that are not 100% original worlds but based off of an anime or game series. I think a part of that stems from having visual/reference material when a location or name is brought up to help make a scene easier to mentally visualize.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:23 pm

No worries. For me it's the opposite I feel more confined because everything is set to a preset. From locations to abilities. But I get it.

Talked briefly with Shiloh she’s overseas right now due back around 24th of this month. Still thinking of how to shift Terry's characters and working on my post for you guys.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:34 pm

At least with Koran it shoooould be fairly easy to shift him into the background and just say he spends his time mainly in the forges or something along those lines.

Not tooo sure how to handle Dkhoran though.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:08 am

Lol we'll figure it out.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content