Djoran Chronicles of the Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Update Empty Update

Post by Shiloh Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Hey guys,

First, I'm so sorry for my extended absence. I've had a hard 2020 so far. I've have a lot of stuff that I needed to address with home and work and a crazy pandemic. I'm in the middle of a nasty hot spot state and it's pretty creepy, because I work for City Hall and I still have to interact to some extent with a decent number of public. I think I'm finally adjusting to my new normal, but I had a really hard time doing it; a lot of panic attacks and trouble sleeping. I haven't touched my laptop in three months; I just haven't been able to focus on writing. I've just been taking time to focus on self care, but I find myself finally in a place where I'm wanting to write again, so I'm working towards getting back to it.

Anyway, first I need to go back and figure out where I left off and all that was happening. Unless you guys think it would be easier to just start a fresh new day, I'm up for that too. Whatever you all want. I'll make it work. Thanks for your patience with me. I'm not used to dealing with these sorts of things, so knowing you're all still here means a lot. ♥ I hope to post in the next week.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Update Empty Re: Update

Post by T.Knight Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:20 pm

That sounds rough Shi but I'm happy to see you here again, I've been thankful since this pandemic started that my life was already fairly secluded so I havn't had to deal with as much stress as many others had, still my heart goes out to ya and the difficulties you've been dealing with. Focusing on your own health always has to come first y'know?

In regards to posting I'd personally be better with a new day once your caught up and are in a good place to post, after this length of time ti would feel almost uh...janky? to just pick up where we left off but that is just my own opinion of course.

Still its great to hear from you again and hope you'll continue to adjust and further get more comfortable as constant stress is just not good for you.

Terr.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:46 am

Always. Its crazy and a scary time out there. More then anything we're all just happy to see you come back. That goes for everyone. This will always be here for everyone.

I'm good with either. So let Shiloh and I know here if you want to pick up where we left off or start a new day. Hope everyone is still safe and okay.

Kari
Admin

https://djorandarkempirerpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:39 am

Thanks guys. I'm still working on catching up on where I left things with my characters. Saturdays are my major decompression days after my work days are over. It's like a slap-in-the-face dose of reality in my office when I'm there, because we get all of the death certificates. Makes me hate working in a hospital town. Ugh. At any rate, it really is such a solace to know you're all here and I have this outlet. ♥

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Always, and that goes for everyone. No matter how much time passes this will always be here for everyone. No worries on catching up. Post when your ready. And a welcome back Shiloh Smile

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:37 am

Indeed, take your time and just get yourself ready. Glad to see you are all right.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Hey guys. My Grandma has been declining in health for a while now, and she passed yesterday. I'll still be around when I can, but things will be slow going for a bit

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Rudy. You and your family are in my thoughts. Take all of the time that you need. We'll still be here. Family comes first. ♥♥♥

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Hey guys

Sorry haven't posted in a why. Was put on a med that made me really sick about two weeks ago. Had to go to the hospital and I'm working on catching sleep. Shiloh there's no Movad at the end. I'm going to start trying to get caught up tonight.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Ouch! that really bites, seems like everyone has been having a rather tough time as of late so my sympathies go out to you all, as always take care of yourselves first eh? As for me i'm going to try and make up for my whole 4ish hours sleep last night, always a good time going to bed at 10:30 and waking up at 2:30 lol.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:01 pm

No worries, Kari. I haven't been able to post in about two weeks either. Not much to catch up with. I'll put Movado in my next post. Hope you're feeling better now that you're hopefully getting used to the new meds. flower

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Yeah. Somewhat better they took me off. My doctor didnt find what the hospital said I had so now it's a lot of napping and getting back to my normal. Thanks all

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Just a brief thing on my end, I might be a few days before i post as I'm really not feeling it last couple days due to sleeping issues. Shi feel free to keep things going with Sarah as needed.

I'll try to come up with something once my sleep schedule gets back in order and I can get some decent rest.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 am

I totally get it, Terry. I was there for a few months myself earlier this year. I hope that your sleeping gets better and you feel better.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Sorry things have been slow going for me. Got hit with a new job, an er visit, and a surgery for my mom all at once. I'm working on my post, just finding time has been hell

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:43 pm

No worries, thanks for keeping in touch. Post when you can. Smile

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:40 pm

Sorry it's been a bit since my last post, guys. I'm working on it and I should have it up tomorrow night after work. Smile

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Sorry for the absence. Life has been... its a long story. Glad to be back, though

XenPendragon

Shiloh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:57 pm

Always, Welcome back.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:50 pm

Sorry for the long pause between posts, guys. It’s been insane with elections getting closer and closer. I had to work last Saturday and will have to do so again this Saturday, so I’m hoping to get a post up soon. Very grateful all of this election stuff will be over by the end of next week, and hopefully we never have to go through one like this again. Miss writing more often with you guys and looking forward to when I can do it more regularly again.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:59 am

I figured as much, yeah hopefully things will slow down a little bit for ya.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:52 am

Elections years are always really busy but this year has to be absolutely crazy. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.I know I'd be exhausted trying to keep up with all of it. We're always looking forward to your posts. This just wouldn't be the same without anyone of us. I love you

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:38 am

Yeah its way more important that you take care of yourself through these times than to worry about posting. We'll be here when things have calmed and you have some free time and energy to post.

Which brings up my side of things as to why I havn't posted...sadly I don't have any reason like that beyond I have not had the motivation to write anything as of late. I keep lookin at posts but can't seem to drum up anythin at the moment. But i'll keep tryin.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:13 pm

So I had some work done about a week ago. My vision is better in it except for reading. Thankfully I was able to get some of my mom's old reading glasses, so I should be able to post soon now that I can read words lol

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:06 am

Sorry I haven't posted, guys. I got sick a couple of weeks ago (tested negative for Covid) and I was just so exhausted from work I was in bed by 7 every night. Then I got even sicker just this past Friday and had to get tested again for Covid just yesterday. Feels like bronchitis and, fingers crossed, that's all it is. But I can't smell or taste anything, I've been fighting a fever and just generally feeling lousy. I've been really run down, so I haven't been up to doing anything with the laptop or thinking. I've just been sleeping and watching movies and more sleeping. Hopefully I can write a little each day and get a post up this week. Just wanted to give you all a heads up as to where I've been.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Oh wow I'm really sorry to hear that Shi, I was kinda wonderin what the deal was since you've been quite for a while. But hearin you being sick and run down? Thats terrible and very understandable that you've been away from here..your health is important. Really a terrible time of the year to come down with this, hoping your family is offering well wishes because I sure as heck am after hearin bout this!

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Dang, yeah please rest and get better. While I can't wait to see you post again I also hope for a speedy recovery more.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:47 am

Fingers crossed and hope you feel better soon.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:37 am

This is the first time I've been on the laptop in weeks. I did test positive for Covid-19 and I was very very sick for the last couple of weeks. I'm finally starting to feel better. Mostly the lingering symptoms are a cough, sinus pressure and a lot of fatigue. I'm just grateful that, compared to how bad this virus can be, I was lucky. My parents also tested positive. Both are improving, thankfully. Thanks for your concern and positive thoughts. I think I'm finally turning a corner, and what better day to feel that way than Christmas.

I won't be celebrating with family until my isolation period is over, but hopefully we'll get to celebrate for New Year's. I hope you all have a safe, happy and healthy Christmas and I'll be back soon. I've missed you guys.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:56 am

I'm glad it wasn't worse. Happy to hear you're recovering and doing better as well as your family. Feel better soon.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:57 pm

your the first person i know to have contracted Covid but I"m really happy to hear your recovering from it finally, truly could call this a Christmas blessing ^_^. Rest well Shiloh and take care of your health first and foremost, we'll be here once your feelin better.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Late to the party but the feeling is the same. Rest well and recover girly. We'll see you soon

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Hey folks, its been a while so I thought I'd pipe up here and let y'all know I'm doin well enough, going in for a minor nose/throat surgery on the 8th to help me sleep better at night so I'm hoping it turns out well.

Shi I sincerely hope your recovering well from your illness, still worried bout ya! How are the rest of you faring? 2021's already looking up for me at the very least.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Still a bit of a roller coaster at times. I am moving to a new place in about 2 weeks, just down the road. Hopefully get to feel like a fresh start.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:01 am

I'm doing better week by week, thankfully. I did end up out of work another week, but I've been back for the last two weeks and improving. I think my big problem is that the work days leave me tired, so I'm in bed by 8:00pm. Which means I'm only doing a little writing, if any, each day. It's taken me two weeks to write the post I'm hoping to finish tomorrow.

I hope your surgery goes well and it helps the way you need it to, Terry. And I hope your move brings you the changes that you want, Raven, and that they're good and positive.

I also hope to be writing more regularly with you all soon. ♥

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:13 am

Hoping that surgery goes well for you Terry. Good luck with with the move. And and I'm happy to hear your doing better Shi. No worries about the time its taking to post. Doubt I'd be any better. Winter is a rough time of year for me period. Being up at or after 8pm is managing to stay up late for me when the snow flies. It just takes everything out of me. Anywho post whenever you can and glad your doing better. Take care everyone.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:52 pm

So it'll be a month tomorrow of the operation, things healed up nicely but the first 2 weeks were really rough being on soft foods and having to steer clear of citrus, spicy, acidic foods. So it was limited but lemme tell you the first thing I shoveled into my mouth after the second week was some good ole mcdonald cheeseburgers. Lets be real they are a small step up from soft foods *grin*.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Glad things are looking up.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by XenPendragon Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:58 am

Sorry I've been gone for so long. RL seems to be kicking everyone's asses, but thats to be expected from 2020: The Sequel lol. Hope you all are doing well; I'll be back soon.

XenPendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Wed May 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Sorry guys. Know I've been gone for a little bit. Haven't tackled anything here I wanted to. Got the second Covid vaccine shot and this shot is kicking my butt. Headaches and fatigue. Hopefully I'll be able to post in the next day or two.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Yeah, rest and drink plenty of water. That second shot is heavy.

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Sat May 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Yeah i've heard the second shot is the kicker, i'm not lookin forward to gettin my second shot in a couple months but given how open my schedule is most days..I think I can afford a day or two of downtime if the shot does kick my ass Smile. Feel better soon!

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 am

Hi folks go ahead and post without me for a round or so, I'll probably be unmotivated to try and post for at least this coming week, as I don't have AC this week's historic heatwave is going to be a bitch lol. I'm not going to want to do aaaaaanything. So feel free to go ahead without me and I'll catch up next weekend when things have cooled off.

Have a good week y'all, hope your beating the heat!

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:11 pm

It's pretty brutal here too, but thankfully I have some semblance of A/C. Take it easy, Terry.

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Acerbus Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Yeah, the heat gets to me real bad since I go in and out doors a lot. Stay hydrated!

Acerbus

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:21 pm

So knowing that I had 2 successive days of 40C heat coming up I decided to just do the madlad thing and...rent a hotel room for 2 days. Outta the condo till thursday morning. Sweet..sweet AC cooled room.

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiloh Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:49 pm

Hope everyone who celebrates had a happy 4th of July yesterday!

Shiloh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Yeah same here. Everyone try to stay comfy.. My town is awful every year. Running joke here. Don't like the weather wait five minutes something will change. 😂

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Knight Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:08 am

I got so used to just following the notification tab that I totally didn't realize there was a new thread started *cough* my bad.

Anyway..

I'm currently trying to get my affairs in order after a bit of a rushed move a couple days ago so I'm not going to be in the right mindset to really post for a few days still so I apologize.  Got a small place of my own finally so I'm up to my ears in trying to get crap organized and figure out what I all need. Hopefully i'll be in a better place mentally by the weekend once I've settled in. Sorry for my delays and please go ahead without me, I'll work on catching up.

Last edited by T.Knight on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a typo)

T.Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kari Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am

Its cool take care of yourself and hopefully things settle down for you soon.

Kari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next